Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pipe up!

Hey friends and family-
I haven't sent a blog in so long but I know so many of you all have questions. Family is good which is number one concern!! Baby GIRL Ream looks strong and healthy. Payton and Trig are ornery as ever and aaron is busy as ever with work. Luckily my extra jobs have hit a slump so I am not real busy. Thursday Feb 3 our lives hit a major speedbump. With the crazy weather, our pipes which run through the attic gave up and broke. The plumber said they broke where they had been uncovered by the insulation. He said they had been uncovered for some time it looked like but there would have been no way of preventing this. We were away from the house an hour and half when clint found the water coming out the front door. We had water restoration come in and they told us for piece of mind to rip out the sheetrock. so our house is gutted! ugh. We are staying with donna for the time being which has been a big help because she watches him when we need to go do stuff to the house. Insurance is slow of coarse. We have had an amazing amount of strength and support from the friends and family. Cherokee is a wonderful place when something like this happens. We had 13 guys wokring at our house the night after it happened. It was amazing. I felt like a blessed person during a pretty unlucky time. I am so thankful for thoughts and prayers from you all. Our family learned quickly how truely truely lucky we are through this all. There will be a light at the end of this tunnel. They are doing electric today, plumbing tomorrow, my uncle Billy came down LAST NIGHT to measure for our cabinets (another answered prayer), and our contractor is working away!! I have had some true "God" moments through this all, and thought id share. The day it happened i was going in for an ultrasound that measures baby girl and checks to see if everything looks ok. Megan was working and called the sonographer to tell her what happened an dto be prepared for an emotional wreck but wasn't even sure if i knew yet. I did know and when the sonographer came to get me she was wonderful. She let me see every second and part i wanted as long as i wanted and when it was over she handed me an 8x10 printout of baby girl profile (she looked like she was smiling) and told me that she was what was important and that everything we lost could be replaced but this precious baby girl couldn't. That was the first God moment. The second came when I got home. I cried because Trigs got wet and they probably meant more to me than him but I could tell you whom every book came from. But he had a favorite. It was a PAPER cop of Peter Rabbit with Aarons great uncles name on it. It was a very old book but it was his favorite. Somehow in all the mess as im crying about his book clint hands me Peter Rabbit, with little water damage. Third God moment, our contractor came and was very positive and said, we could finish quick but your cabinet will take so long we will wait on them before we can do anything else. At that second, my phone went off and i got a text message from Uncle bill saying that he would be willing to help out however and would build my cabinets if we wanted. Wow, I thought that somehow God heard every word I had been saying. So, in bad times yes it was bad but God was very present and comforting just in the form of friends and family. So as gma would say stuff happens but time ALWAYS marches on. Love you all
Ream Family

1 comment:

  1. So true my sweet little girl. All we have to do is "Trust", which can be a very hard sometimes. My favorite Motto is "Deo Volente" which means God Willing". I will share it with you.:) One of my favorite verses is Hebrews 13:5.
    Love,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete