Tuesday, September 14, 2010

All is Fair

Wow what a great month this has been so far! Last week was the alfalfa county fair in Cherokee. It is such a neat little set up for the kids!! Payton won overall grand champion in his age division. Man were we all proud. He won a neat little horse stand that he cannot wait to put an old saddle that gdad Gus gave aaron when he was little. Everyone is missing Gus a lot and its finally starting to sink in that he isn't here and that he won't be coming through the doors at any given time. Trig looks at his pictures a lot and im thankful that he still remembers him. During the fair Aaron had to work so it was my true test of trailor backing, horse saddling all by my self!! I was successful to NOT wreck the truck and the horse got to the fair alive. Payton has his first real tackle football game last night and they lost. Payton isn't real used to losing yet so I think it was tough to take in. It doesnt help that dad is the coach! I banned football talk in the house from now on unless its positive!! im willing to take any advice here. Trig will throw his arms in the air and yell "tado" (touchdown). Its pretty cute if I do say so myself! I set up mutual funds for both boys this month. I must say that I have a sence of relief doing this for them. Its not much, but its always something I told myself I would do. Alexa is my stock lady. She is very educated about what she does. The book I read for bookclub was fantastic and if someone wants it they are welcome to it. It was called the weight of silence. Lord knows that if i have time to read it must be a great book. Next month is The faith club. I have been looking forward to this book for months! I can't wait to dive in. I will also be running a couple 5k the next few weeks. This weekend is in Enid, next in Alva and the race for the cure is Oct 9 I believe. Paytons bday is coming up and we are all set to go fishing!! Santa couldn't find an OU jersey of Murrey last year so I found one for his bday. I love you all and miss each and every face. I am soo extremely lucky and don't realize it most days until I write it all down like this!
-Momma of some Reams

1 comment:

  1. Shanna, you little blogger you! Isn't this a blast! Your doing a great job!
    Love you. GMa Ryel

    ReplyDelete